Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Vacay-shee-oonnn

My summer was extremely busy, but lucky I was able to unwind a little with a four night-five day stay in Florida before fall semester started. I just got back into town this past Sunday night, and I am SUPER tan! My husband and I went down with a few friends, and some of our family and family friends met up with us later in the week.

The place we normally stay is always great, but this time we took a stroll down the highway towards Ft. Walton and checked out a new resort called Emerald Grand. This place is beyond awesome! Everything you need is right there within walking distance. They have shopping, restaurants, water-sports, bars and live concerts. The entire area is called Harbor Walk. I recommend it to anyone looking to stay on the Gulf Coast. We also enjoy going to Howl at the Moon, which is a dueling piano bar. It may sound boring, but I promise it is very worth the visit. They light the piano tops on fire and duel for tip money. It's located over the bridge in Ft. Walton next to a night club called the Swamp.

A few restaurants the we frequent while in Destin are Capt Dave's and Pompano Joe's. These two places are great for seafood lovers. We tried out Bubba Gump Shrimp (yes, solely based on the movie) and even though my food was great, the rest of my party had terrible food. The prices were expensive for the small portions they serve, and the staff weren't very friendly. I don't particularly recommend this place.
Anyway, here's some pictures from our trip!

(If you hadn't noticed, I LOVE pictures!)

My friend Anna and me riding to dinner.

The hubby and me enjoying a drink before the free concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment